I grew up in both the Cantonese-speaking city of Hong Kong and the English-speaking city of Toronto, Canada. I went to university (University of Waterloo, majoring in computer science) and grad school (OCAD University, majoring in inclusive design) in Canada, and have about two years of official in-house graphic design experience.
Working language pairs
Editing and proofreading
- English — best
- Traditional Chinese (Hong Kong)
Translation and comparative editing
- Chinese > English — best
- English > traditional Chinese (Hong Kong)
I do not translate to simplified Chinese and ideally will not translate from simplified Chinese: I am not from the mainland so I will be a very bad match working with simplified Chinese.
Graphic design, page layout and formatting
- English and/or traditional Chinese (Hong Kong) — best
- French (any region) and traditional Chinese (other regions)
- Simplified Chinese plus other European languages using the Latin alphabet
Excerpts from a selection of my previous work can be found in the portfolio section here.